Privacy, Security & Cookies Policy
This policy explains what personal data we hold about you, how we collect this information and how we use it and may share it with any third parties.
www.thehertfordshiregardencentre.com (“the Website”) is owned and operated by The Hertfordshire Garden Centre Limited. This policy, together with our Terms and Conditions, explain how we may use information we collect about you, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you. Please read this policy and our Terms and Conditions carefully; by accessing the Website you confirm to have understood and agreed to them.
Information we collect about you
We will comply with the data protection principles when gathering and using personal information in a fair and transparent way, and we have a lawful basis for processing your data.
We collect information about you when you:
- Visit the Website, and other sites accessible from the Website.
- Register with and buy products or services on the Website.
- Take part in promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires.
- Contact us e.g. in writing, email or call customer services.
We may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, address, contact telephone numbers and email address.
- Bank Details, for processing payments.
- CCTV at our store.
- Details you provide us to pass on to third parties
We may supplement the information we collect about you with information we receive from other sources e.g. public registers such as the electoral roll. This allows us to assess the accuracy of the information we hold about you in order to send you relevant offers and information.
Using your information
Collecting your personal information helps us to better understand what you need from us. We use your information to:
- To perform a contract with you, or to take steps to enter into a contract.
- administer and operate your account.
- process your orders.
- tell you about important changes to the Website and our services.
- understand your shopping behaviour to develop and improve our products and services.
- manage promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires.
- check and verify your identity and prevent or detect crime. In performing checks your information may be disclosed to credit reference agencies, who may keep a record of that information. This is not a credit check and your credit rating will be unaffected.
- To comply with a legal obligation to record personal data to account for evidence to the government via HMRC and our accountants.
- For legitimate interest or those of a third party, but only if this does not go against your interest, rights or freedoms.
We may share your personal information across the business so they can provide you with relevant products and services. We may use and share anonymised information outside the business. However, we would like to reassure you that this never includes your personal information.
Keeping your personal information secure
Your information will be held at our head office, and third party agencies and service providers. We have taken measures to ensure that appropriate security for the information we hold and is GDPR compliant, which we can discuss with you on request.
We may also need to share some of your information third party agencies and service providers. The recipient of this information will be bound by confidentiality obligations and will also be GDPR compliant.
We limit access to your personal information within the business to personal with a genuine business need to know. Personal that process your information do so in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Procedures are in place to deal with any suspected security breaches. We will notify you and any regulator of this where we are legally required to.
Marketing and research
If you agree, we may contact you:
- with offers and information about products or services
- with offers and information about partners’ products or services
- for customer research e.g. to help improve our services
Of course, the choice is entirely yours, but if you say you do not want to receive marketing information from us this will prevent you from receiving great offers or promotions that may be of interest to you. You also have the option to opt out of any marketing from us at any time by either emailing us at [email protected]m or following the opt out/unsubscribe link on our emails.
We like to hear your views to help us improve our service. From time to time, we may contact you to ask your opinions.
Payment & Security
We take security seriously therefore all areas of this website which involve your personal information or online payment processing use 256 SSL encryption to keep your data safe.
We also use Pay360 by Capita as our preferred payment gateway provider. Pay360 by Capita are fully PCI compliant and secure. For further details on Pay360 by Capita’s security and online shopping security please visit their website.
When purchasing online from us when you click the payment button at checkout, you will be sent to a secure page on Pay360 by Capita. You will input your details directly into their secure and encrypted payment gateway and therefore we do not directly receive, retain nor store your payment or card details.
Disclosing your information.
We will never disclose your information to anyone outside the Business except where we have your consent; where we are required or permitted to do so by law; to other companies who provide a service to us; or any successors in title to our business.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area we will ensure that appropriate security measures are taken.
The Website may contain links to other sites which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. The operators of these sites may collect information from you that will be used by them in accordance with their policy, which may differ from ours.
Accessing your information
Write to: Data Protection Officer (DPO), The Hertfordshire Garden Centre Limited, Redding Lane, Redbourn, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL3 7PS if you would like to correct or request access to the information we hold relating to you or if you require further information. You also have the right to request that our DPO to erase your information (the ‘right to be forgotten’) in some circumstances.
How long we keep your information
We keep your information in paper format for an obligatory seven years and in accordance to HMRC and standard accountancy practices, and no longer than necessary.
For further information on the cookies we use and your options please review our Cookies Policy page.
Changes to our policy
This policy replaces all previous versions and is correct as of October 2020. We reserve the right to change the policy at any time.
The Hertfordshire Garden Centre Limited